Saturday, October 20, 2012

Kairos Fateweaver, plastic crack, weird scenario, and potential game change.

My birthday was yesterday, so I decided to buy something. I'm now fairly certain I have a problem. Instead of buying something for an army I already had, I bought Fateweaver and a box of Pink Horrors, which is about 508 points of models. So now I have yet another army started.

Anyways, I purchased Fateweaver at about 7 PM yesterday. The metal model of Fateweaver. I then proceeded to spend the next 3 hours trying to assemble it at the shop. It ended up following apart right as I gave up on the wings.

After a couple of hours of sleep, I started work on the model again. As of now, I have spent 16 hours trying to assemble this one model. This is insane. Pinning doesn't exactly work for me as I do not have a drill bit the correct size, so instead I have to resort to drilling huge holes in both parts and using green stuff to assist the glue in holding the pieces together.

I currently have everything but one wing appearing to be on. I'm probably going to have to drill more. This is, by far, the most annoying model I have ever put together. That title was previously held by the finecast Inquisitor Karamazov, due to the feet of his throne.

I'm now off to my friend's house where me and another friend will be playing something along the lines of what MiniWarGaming did for their anniversary battle report. All I was told to bring was a 1,000 point army and a 300 point super unit, which was going to be Fateweaver since no one knew I had it yet, but of course the wing is still drying.

So now it appears I'm taking a Dark Angel list with Imperial Guard allies for my main list, with Paladins and an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor as my super unit. I'm playing against Eldar, so I figured that unit would pack quite a punch with two Psycannons at BS 10 thanks to the Inquisitor. Luckily, there are no psykers in my own army, so that piece of wargear will be entirely useless for him if he gets it.

Anyways, I'm off to see the wizard. Going to try to update this regularly starting soon. Possibly with battle reports (pictures and text at first, then videos). Unless my gaming group switches entirely to WarmaHordes, which I suggested as something we could play in addition to that is starting to look like people just want to jump to, leaving 40k behind. If so, I'll probably have some stuff up regarding Circle of Orboros since that's the faction I have my eye on currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment